Friday, May 30, 2008

Ravelry Colors!

Check out this yarn I bought from an etsy shop! It's the Ravelry page colors. How cool is that? I love it!




I needed to wind it into a center pull ball but I don't have a ball winder or a swift, so this is what I did, I improvised. Don't laugh. OK, laugh along with me.



My daughter walked through the room and wanted to know what I was doing. Then she grabbed the camera. Nice kid. But I thought I'd share anyway. The heels of my feet were pretty tired after I got it all wound into a center pull ball. Here it is, all wound up and I started a sock:



I'm going to get as much done on this sock as I can before the June Knit-Along starts in the FGF group I'm in on Ravelry. At the rate I'm going, the socks should take awhile. I'm using a pretty easy pattern. It's my first real big people socks with sock yarn on skinny U.S. size 1 needles.

4 comments:

Oribe said...

Such a pretty yarn!

When I first started to buy expensive yarn, I didn't realize that it would be best to have it wound at the store... So I have about 6 skeins sitting around that need to be wound... just like you are doing it. Sometimes I'll drape around my shoulder-but man it takes a long time either way! :)

Nikki said...

very pretty yarn!! And with your daughter at home you should use her hands/arms instead of your feet!

Larjmarj said...

Seriously, who needs a thighmaster when there's yarn to be wound! ;-)

Love the colors.

sweetp said...

pretty yarn!! i got a wool winder very cheap from our version of ebay. what a lifesaver. still need a swift though!