Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finally, a finished object!

Remember this?




I asked you to guess what it was. Krystal (of the Yarn Mafia blog over at the side) guessed fingerless mitts. Nope. That's not what it was. It was this:




Shocking huh? I made big people socks! It took me two weeks, but I did it. It's a thick house sock. Very comfy. Next try at socks will be with real sock yarn. Here's a close up of the cables:



I'm very proud of them!

I've certainly been enjoying my days off. I planted my tomatoes yesterday. I put them in containers this year because something always gets in the garden and eats them. Not nice. Hopefully I'll have better luck this year.



I can't wait to have a juicy tomato warm from the sun!

This is my next project, it's almost done. Any idea what it is?



I'm hoping to finish it later today, so hopefully I can post a picture tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heather said...

cute socks!! My first socks were made out of encore worsted and they were greens to blue to purples...I loved them, they were so warm and I ended up wearing them out with boots, then they finally wore a hole thru the heels but they haven't run *whispers* I still wear them to bed...LOL

As to your 2nd project, I have no clue! maybe a baby hat? or a bath mitt

Krystal said...

Those are really nice looking socks. I normally don't like varigated yarn with cables but I love those! They look super-comfy. How did you like sock knitting? :)

I'm not even going to hazard a guess at the new project. :)

BTW: My word verification? It starts out with pbj, which stinks because now I want one and we're out of peanut butter. :)