Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stuff!

Look at this Stuff!




My Aunt Pat cleaned out her closet and sent me this Stuff! There are so many cute patterns in the bag, lots and lots. I definitely need more hours in the day. And all that yarn to make more Stuff!

Check this out:



Sock Monkeys! and clothes for Sock Monkeys! We have a strange fascination with sock monkeys in this family. Oh my gosh, this pattern is just so cute!

I went to dinner with my cousins the other night, Olive Garden. It was so yummy! So good to see them at an event that wasn't a funeral. We got to talking about shopping and they told me about these birdhouses they liked and some had bought from Kohl's, on sale, half price. What a deal! So being the typical relatives that we are one of my cousins was going to buy one on her way home and I went the next day and got one. We have always had to buy what each other has bought. We've had a lot of fun doing that. Our moms started that little tradition and we carry it on. I love this little birdhouse! Can't wait to hang it in my yard. And every time I look at it I will be reminded of my sweet cousins.



I haven't had much time to knit or sew the last few days. I got a little bit of sewing done on the apron, it's very slow going. Whoever would have thought an apron would be so detailed to sew? But it is. I like how it's turning out so far.



I haven't been knitting much and my hand is feeling a lot better! I've been working on a dishcloth. This cotton yarn is so soft, I'm loving it. I made one for my Aunt out of this yarn (Bernat Cottontots) and there's plenty left, so I'm making this one for my Mom. She saw the yarn and loved the color. They knit up pretty quickly, good TV knitting. They don't require a lot of concentration.



That's it for now. Tomorrow I'm going to go get my kid from college and bring her home for the summer. I can't wait to see her!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh sock monkeys! Isn't everyone facinated with them?