Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Coupon Savings

I love those Joann and Michaels coupons! I bought more Cottontots from Michaels with a 50% off coupon. Then I dragged my daughter (by the way I'm loving having her home for the summer!) to Joann as I needed to buy some size US 5 DPNs. I had two 40% coupons for Joann. I gave her a coupon and one package and I took the other coupon and we paid separately. I wish the Susan Bates needles came in sets of 5. But they don't. They come in sets of four and I needed five. So this was a good way to do it without having to make two trips.




I used some of the Cottontots yarn I bought the other day and made up two Grandma's Favorite dishcloths. I love making them. Very good mindless knitting for watching TV. Look how they came out almost identical.

I got all my flowers planted this weekend. My yard is going to look so pretty once they start growing and blooming. So then I decided to do a little home improvement project while I was outside. I painted my gate. Here's the before:



And here's the after:



It's amazing how a little coat of paint can really brighten things up! I had to replace the latch on the gate as it was broken and that's what led to this painting project. Sometime in the near future I need to refinish and restain the deck. Not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Holly Bee said...

Awesome dishcloths! I love the coupons too!