Saturday, June 28, 2008

Organized!

I had a busy day off yesterday. My crafting/sewing area was just out of control. It needed help. I went to a couple of estate sales in search of some kind of storage. I found a very tall narrow shelving unit for $3!! What a steal. Lugged that heavy thing home and into the house. That got me started. Before the calm, there was the storm.




Aaaaaak!!! Where do I put everything! You don't realize how much you have until you go to organize it and clean it up. But then again, this is years and years of buying stuff, it didn't just appear over night. Finally, I was done. All neat and tidy.



I did reward myself for a job well done with more calico and a little piece of homespun. Just little pieces. I can't stop buying calico. It's an addiction, but a good one.



That will be used for future ornies. I'm hoping to get started on them today.

Since my sewing area was so nice and neat I decided to try it out and see what it was like. I loved it! I made this little bunny out of patriotic calico. So cute! Not sure if I like the eyes. They are French knots. I may have to switch them out for little buttons.



I also knit up a red, white and blue cupcake. I love making these little cupcakes. Pretty soon I'll have a whole plate full of them.

I've also been working on a dishcloth for my nephew. He loved "scary guys" when he was a little boy. My sister forwarded me this pattern and I just HAD to knit it up for him. He's all grown up now and away at college. He should get a kick out of it.



And that's how I spent my day off. It's going to be another humid day in the neighborhood today. I think I will make the best of it and just stay indoors and work on my crafts. Sounds like a plan to me!

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: