Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My little ornies!

Now that my sewing room is nice and organized, I'm inspired to sew. I've been in the mood to sew something fun. So I made some little ornies. I used this pattern I got from Attic Raggedys dot com. Such cute stuff there!




I just love snowmen and I have some I keep out year round. The special ones. Here is my snowman ornie coming to life. First I had to cut him out.



Then I got the body parts sewed and stuffed.



It was quite tedious stuffing those little arms and legs. After that it was time to sew the body parts together.



Then I made his little clothes. In honor of the upcoming 4th of July holiday I made this one in red, white and blue colors. A very patriotic snowman!



Then I added the finishing touches, such as face, hat and trim, etc.



And before I knew it, I had him all put together and decorated and he was done! So cute! In the end I changed the little pompom nose for a carrot. Much more snowman-y.



This little snowman was so much fun to make, I decided to make another one. I made a snowgirl next. She turned out really cute too!



Next up is a snow angel. Can't wait to get started on her. So that's what I've been doing with all that calico I've been buying. I still want to make more and since I'm in the sewing mood again that's what I'll be doing. I've set the knitting aside for a little bit until I can decide what I want to knit next.

No comments: