Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lots to keep me busy!

Now that the sock is done, I've been having a ball working on all kinds of stuff! I'm in a Yahoo group that does two monthly dishcloth knit-alongs. I haven't done one in a long time, so I decided to do the mid month knit-along. Here it is so far:




Just moving right along. I haven't finished my rows for today yet. So once I get the rows done for the day, I've been working on a Sugar & Cream Red, White and Blue Stripes dishcloth. Real easy knitting. I love making these!



I did start sewing my daughter's purse, but just haven't had time to get back to it. That's on tap for tomorrow. I'll have the house to myself after work and I can sew to my heart's content with no interruptions. This is the mess so far:



I need to sew the lining then attach it and it will be done. It went pretty quick and she loves it so far.

In the meantime some sock yarn I bought from an etsy shop came in the mail. I LOVE ETSY! So many things that I want to buy there.



The color is called "Confetti". Isn't it pretty? I just love it!

Then, in addition to all this madness I went and bought more yarn last night. I couldn't help it. Sugar & Cream is on sale at Joann for $2, they have a real good sized ball of the Sugar & Cream. My knitting group is making squares for a blanket for one of the Boy Scout family members who lost a loved one in that tornado last week. So, I needed to get the yarn for that. The Vanna's Choice will be used for my square. If I have time, I'll make two squares. The bright green is going to be a dishcloth for a very special nephew. A bright green dishcloth with a skull on it!



My daughter has been bitten by the crafting bug lately too! Yay! She is enjoying working with beads. She's made some necklaces and an ankle bracelet and is working on some other projects. Here is a necklace she made with a moose button I bought for her. I love it! She's very proud of it and well she should be.



So tell me, what are you working on?

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hey there Diane! OTN I have a baby sweater that's still waiting on the last few rows of a button band (and has been for at least two weeks), the log cabin blanket that I'm doing with Krystal, a Print O' The Wave stole, and I'm looking for a crochet blanket pattern for my fave SIL and BIL for their wedding next summer. The colors of that purse are so cute and I love that sock yarn

Krystal said...

Ha ha... yeah... there are so many things I'm working on... I'll tell you the main ones. I'm doing the log cabin baby blanket and trying to finish Eden. I have so much other stuff going on but... that's all for now. This weekend starts the summer of socks and I have a goal. I want 6 pairs of socks. I'll never reach it, mind you, but... :)

Larjmarj said...

I finally finished up the hats for the charity project that I've been involved with for a few years other than that the same ol' crap that I had on the needles back in December is still there. Oy...I need to buckle down and finish at least one of them than maybe the others would follow suit.