Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Down, One to Go

I finished my first sock using sock yarn! A real sock! I'm very proud of myself. So I immediately cast on for the second sock so I don't get Second Sock Syndrome. Here is the finished first sock.




I really love the colors of this yarn. I can't get a good enough picture of the colors. I love how it's striping too.

So to reward myself for finishing one sock I bought some more cotton. I'm addicted to it. I got Sugar & Cream Stripes.



Once I finished the socks I'm making some little things, some dishcloths and cupcakes, stuff I can get done quickly. And then I'll probably make another pair of socks, different pattern, and use that beautiful yarn I posted a few days ago.

I had to go to Target today to buy some household items. While there I found this little scrubbie. OMG, I had to have it! It's so cute! It reminds me of a sock monkey. So for 99 cents I bought some happiness. I don't know if I'll use it, it's too cute, but if I set it on my sink it will make me smile when I look at it.



I hope you're staying cool wherever you are. It's hot as hell here and we have a severe thunderstorm watch until 10:00 p.m.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congratulations on your sock, it looksl great. I always think the second one goes faster.