Sunday, June 22, 2008

Estate Sailing

I went to a couple of estate sales with my sister yesterday. What a fun time! I love going to those. There was some nice stuff and some junk. I ended up buying this old sewing basket. It's very unique. I have no idea how old it is or who made it, there are no markings on it at all. I am so in love with it.




It's even portable! I can carry it around the house by its handle, or take it out on the patio with me. It was only $5, well worth the investment. Here is how it looks on the inside.



I ordered a snowman ornie pattern yesterday on line. I think this basket may be used exclusively for orpies. The stuff will all be in one spot. Then I can close it up and put it away neatly at the end of the crafting session.

I've been wanting to make a rag quilt but haven't gotten around to buying a pattern yet. For some reason I looked through all those patterns that my Aunt gave me recently and lo and behold there was a rag quilt pattern in there! So exciting! My sister and I are each going to make one in the fall, that gives us all summer to buy fabrics and supplies. It would be quite expensive to buy the calico or fabric all at once.



I finished the monthly knit-along dishcloth and the red white and blue stripes dishcloth I was making. So pretty and colorful. I just love these dishcloths. Today I'm hoping to start on the one with the skull on it for my nephew.



I also finished the square I was knitting for the Boy Scout blanket. When it's sewed into a blanket, I hope it gives comfort to a family member.



That's about it for now. I have so much to keep me busy and entertained for hours. Very relaxing stuff.




ornie

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

I've never been to an estate sale, sounds interesting. I don't think I could fit anything else in to this house though!