Sunday, September 28, 2008

This and That

A wonderful lazy Sunday is here. I just want to stay inside today and knit. Don't know if that will happen. Remember all that sickness with my Mom last year? She had more surgery on Friday. This time for a hernia repair, and all went well this time. Hopefully there will be a smooth recovery and no months and months of hospitalization this time. She is doing well so far.


After the hospital visit yesterday I stopped in Joann's for some fabric! It seems like it's been ages since I was last in there. I bought some cute polar fleece fabric to make my grandson a "Pillow in a Blanket". It's going to be a Christmas present. Time to get started on making things if I'm going to get things done on time. I also found some cute cute cute cupcake fabric! I love it!



The blanket will be easy to whip up. The weather will be getting cooler this coming week so I'll be able to stand having this on my lap while I hem up the edges.

The job climate is bad here in Michigan. My son is in North Carolina this weekend for a job interview. He was offered the job but is not sure if he will take it. The pay is basically the same as he is making now and it's a big move for the same pay. So, he has a big decision to make. Of course I don't want him to go, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do to make a living. I will breathe easier once the plane has landed back here in Michigan.

I did get out to my knitting group the other night. Lots of fun! I took a plate of Rice Krispy Treats to share. I seem to make these a lot. So easy, and they always go over well.



I passed along the Dishcloth Tag Bag. The recipient loved the contents! Here is the dishcloth I made to put in it:



I made it with Sugar & Cream Twist. Now the game goes on to the next person.

I'm still plugging away on the Confetti Yarn socks. Slow progress as I've been distracted with other projects lately. But now I'm back to the sock. About half an inch more to go and I can turn the heel.



I think I'll just have a lazy day of knitting around here. That is, after I go buy some groceries. My daughter is coming home for a visit next weekend, gotta stock up on food!

No comments: