Saturday, September 6, 2008

Halloween is Coming

It's hard to believe next month is Halloween. Time just flies by. School started this week. My daughter is in her sophomore year of college and my grandson started kindergarten. Where does the time go?


I started a witch to hang on my door at Halloween. I had a lot of fun working on it last night. Lots of details in this thing. It will be so awesome when it is done. Here's what I have so far:



A head. It took me a couple of hours just to get that much done. I still have to work on her face and some little details then I will move on to her body. I haven't made anything like this in ages and it was a lot of fun to work on her!

I really haven't been knitting much lately. I've had a nasty cold and just have had no oomph to do much more than sit on the couch and read. I've been reading the Twilight series of books by Stephanie Meyer. Have you read them? Good reading! Hard to put down.

When I was up north I did finish a dishcloth, the pink one. It has a cupcake on it, made with CottonTots yarn. And I finally got the striped one finished that I started up there, good old reliable Grandma's Favorite, made with Sugar & Cream Stripes. I just can't make enough dishcloths. They're my favorite things to make.



I want to make some more dotee dolls too, so hopefully I'll get back to making some of them soon. This cold is almost gone and I have a little more energy. I'm so glad it's the weekend, more time to play with all my stuff!

1 comment:

Heather said...

can't wait to see the witch finished!