Saturday, December 1, 2007

Let it Snow . . . Let me Knit!



Nasty storm predicted for here, snow, rain, sleet, freezing rain, cold. The snow has started. There is no traffic on my street, very quiet out there, not that I live on a busy street. I've rented some movies, I've got yarn, and goodies, and lazy fat kitties. A good night to sit on the couch and watch movies and knit. I'm working on another Alaska Headband with Patons SWS, this one for my daughter-in-law. I'm almost at the end of my Christmas gift knitting, hip hip hooray! I've got a fleece blanket to make for my son which will involve crawling around on the floor and cutting. Oh my aching back. That will probably be tomorrow's project. I'm making it in the Detroit Lions colors, gray and blue. If I can find the yarn I made his scarf from and if there is enough left, I may make him a pair of mittens. Otherwise, that's it, I'm done with Christmas knitting!

I watched Georgia Rule last night. The damn DVD player wouldn't work, ughhhhhhhhh So I tried watching it on my laptop, the sound was horrible, couldn't hear it. I ended up watching it on the desktop PC. Not as comfy sitting in the computer chair as the couch. But at least I got to watch it. Broke down and used the credit card today and bought a new DVD player. So tonight I can watch movies on the couch, yay! I rented The Queen, I'll watch that tonight, and tomorrow I'm going to watch Dream Girls. Sometimes snowstorms can be fun . . . when you are all cozy in the house.

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Good plan! I stupidly tried to go out tonight and ended up turning around to come back home because the roads were so bad.

I'm so jealous you're almost done with your Christmas knitting! I haven't finished anything yet, but I do have those nice couple weeks off of school before the actual holiday, so hopefully I can get it all done then...

Hope you enjoyed your fun cozy night at home!

Larjmarj said...

We're still all sick over here so I know we'll be staying in.