Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm not feeling the love



I've gotten one of the Peekaboo mittens done that I'm making for my son with the Vanna's Choice yarn. I don't really like this yarn. It doesn't slide real good on the needles and it's getting aggravating. I did manage to make that whole mitten in a little over a day. That pic was hard to take, lol! I'm right handed and had to take the pic with my left hand. That gray color is not gray, it's green. It will not match the gray scarf I made him. Oh well. I'm not ever going to use this yarn again. I think it was developed for crochet as Vanna is a crocheter.

Not sure if I'm going to knit night tonight. Mom has been transferred back to the hospital with complications and I can't get in touch with my Dad to find out what's going on. It's so cold and the damn door of the coffee shop is always blowing open and freezing us to death. I wish they'd fix the stupid thing already.

I'm worried about Mom.

4 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Needless to say, I didn't come tonight as I am still sick. I can't believe that they haven't fixed the door yet! grrr. As for the Vanna's choice, I haven't heard great things about it either, the word I get a lot is "splitty". Despite that the mitten looks really good.
I hope mom is OK...:-( She's really been through a lot lately, as have you. Take care of yourself.

Diane said...

Mom's been transferred to YET another hospital, sheesh, my dad is so disgusted with this whole thing. There's an infection or something going on at the surgical site.

This Vanna's Choice is weird, it's not splitting on me, it's just not sliding on the needles, I have to push it, and I'm not knitting tight. I've rubbed wax paper on the needles, no help. Never again with this yarn.

Leeann said...

You were missed last night!

That's good to know about the Vanna's Choice - I was considering buying it last night & now I'm very glad I didn't.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. I'm hoping things turn around soon...

fluffybunnylover said...

I missed you Tuesday. I'm sending good vibes your way for you and your family!