Friday, December 28, 2007

Finally, I can rest

Christmas is now done. I had to work on Thursday because something had to get done that only I know how to do, now I'm off work until next Thursday, yay me. I get an extra day off next week because I worked yesterday.


We had a good Christmas here. Got lots of interesting things and my daughter loved all her stuff, especially the PS2 and Guitar Hero III. I couldn't find that dang game for the life of me. Finally found it at Best Buy. It's the wireless one. I didn't know there were different kinds. Once we finally got the thing to work, it was great. She's been playing it ever since. She comes up for air occasionally. My son got me a knitting book by Nicky Epstein about felting. I've never felted anything yet, so in my future I'll give it a try. It's a pretty book.






And soon the clean up will begin. I can't wait to get that tree out of the living room and put away. I do enjoy it, but it's time to go.

I made my daughter's friend a pair of Peekaboo Mittens. This is the last gift, I swear. She'll take them to her friend when she goes back to school in a couple weeks. My next project is Fetching for my daughter. I'll cast on for those later and hopefully I can get them done before she leaves so she can take them with her. And then . . . I'll make something for me.






Everyone liked their knitted gifts and the polar fleece blankets I made. Tomorrow we'll go see Mom in the nursing home and give her and my Dad their gifts. I'm sure they will like the knitted things.

3 comments:

Leeann said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! Enjoy the rest of your time off.

Larjmarj said...

Sounds like you had a good one but I'm with ya...glad it's over!

knottykitty said...

I made the Peek-a-boos too earlier this year---they certainly come in handy! Mine don't look the best because they were my first mittens, but still useful!