Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow 2009! Happy New Year! Did you have a nice New Years Eve? It was nice and calm here. I don't go out on New Years Eve. I stayed in and did a lot of knitting. A perfect evening! I am making my daughter some mittens called Bella's Mittens. They are the mittens the girl from the Twilight book wears in the movie. We've been reading all those books in this house. Pretty interesting and fun reading! I have one mitten done so far.




So, do you make New Years resolutions? I never do. But this year I am going to try to do more charity knitting. I'm going to knit preemie hats that a LYS is collecting for a local hospital. So tiny and cute! I got some yarn to get me started. So colorful! I've been having fun browsing the patterns for preemie hats on Ravelry.



I bought a few things for myself lately. Always fun! I bought this book, Knitting Little Luxuries. Such a pretty book! And oh so fun to look through. I don't know what I'll make yet.



I also ordered myself a set of Knit Picks Options circular needles. I like circular knitting but the Boye needles that I own have such stiff cables they really make my wrists hurt when using them. And I ordered a book about making lace shawls from Amazon, Wrapped in Comfort. Can't wait to get that. And lastly I pre-ordered a book on Amazon by Alice Starmore about Fair Isle knitting. That won't be here until August. Something to look forward to!

It's cold outside and very cozy in the house. I'm hoping to get a lot more knitting done before I go back to work on Monday. Gotta earn more money so I can buy more yarn and stuff!

Happy knitting and crafting and Happy New Year!

No comments: