Monday, March 1, 2010

Charming

Charm squares. My new addiction. I can't get enough of them. And I love bags. I love making bags. From start to finish. Here are some charm squares all sewed together ready to be quilted for a totebag.




Here they are now quilted. Nice and soft and with a little bit of body to them now. I love taking pictures in the morning light.



Once all the quilting was done, by machine of course, it was time to assemble the totebag. Everything went together so easily. A very well written pattern.



And nice colorful pockets on the inside! Of course, made with more charm squares.



Done! And now I have a new totebag.

Here is where it all happens. The sewing area. I had this all straightened up and organized the other day. That didn't last long.



I just can't say away from my sewing machine lately.

Next up, another apron. I love making those too. Love the fabric I'll be using for this. Retro looking fifties housewives! I'll be making the one on the top left of the pattern envelope.



I'll be back at the sewing machine today. Impatiently waiting for the mailman to bring me some goodies I ordered.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

OMG! I love your bag. It's so cute!
Could you tell me where you got the pattern?