Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sewing Lessons

My daughter has been wanting to make a new purse for herself, but she didn't know how to sew. So I sat down with her and taught her some sewing basics. She ended up making this purse.




I think she did very well for a first time project! She sewed all the seams, ironed them, trimmed them, and put in the zipper. She needed very little help. The hardest part was getting the feel for my sewing machine and controlling the needle, the speed and using the foot pedal to make it go. I'm very proud of her!

My sister came over and we had dotee night again. This time my daughter joined in. She made some dotees too! We had such a fun time that night! I made the Oriental one on the right, and my daughter made the other two. I love them all, each and every one turns out so cute!



In just a few more days she's leaving to go back to school. It's bittersweet. I'm going to really miss her.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Tell your daughter the purse turned out cute!!

The dotee's are neat as well.

Today was the first day of celebration...er school for the girls.