Sunday, March 30, 2008

Off the Beaten Path

It was a fairly nice day yesterday so I decided to go for a drive to somewhere I've never been. I went to a quilt shop in Wyandotte. I had never been there before and wanted to look at pretty quilt fabrics. They had lots of pretty fabric! It made me want to sit right down and quilt. I may take a quilt class in the future, probably not until fall. I bought these little pieces of fabric:




Such vibrant colors! I love them.

I also went to Joann and bought some DPNs. I needed some size ones for a project, five of them to be exact. I ended up buying this set of teeny tiny skinny needles, it has five of each size of 000,00,0 and 1. Oh lord are some of them skinny. They were $9.99 but I had a 40% off coupon, so I got them for about $6.00. Yay for coupons!



I finally finished the fingerless mittens I was making. I like them! It's so hard to get a picture of the beads in the yarn, I just can't get them to show up without totally blurring the picture. So this is the best I can do. You can see the glittery thread that also runs through the yarn.



I also went and saw my Mom yesterday. She's doing very well after that long ordeal with illness! I took some Finished Objects to show her, one being the first little Project Bag that I made. She loved it! I told her to keep it. She's so happy with that little bag. And that makes me happy! I'm so glad she's getting well again.

That's it for my weekend so far, it's been very relaxing. I hope you are having a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Great mitts! And such pretty fabric!

sweetp said...

Love the mitts