Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fabric Buying Frenzy

The sewing bug bit me again, so I'm back in the sewing mood. I bought some new fabrics:




Bathtub duckies, monkeys, and popcorn boxes. Those are all cotton flannels. The Easter bunnies are a cotton. I'm going to make a project bag with that one, it would make a cute container for Easter goodies when that time rolls around again. With the popcorn boxes flannel I made jammie pants! I altered the pattern and made it shorter, into a capri/pedal pusher length. Very comfy!



I think they're perfect to wear while watching a movie!

I also made a project bag out of a cotton flannel with purses on it. So cute! I just love this fabric.



I think I'll keep this one for me!

I was going through my stash and found some Christmas cottons I had. They would make great little gift bags. I don't have a lot of yardage on those to make much else. They were leftover from something else. And my cat is still sick. I'm supposed to be making her food now, she's on a bland diet. So I pulled out my cat food cookbook. Haven't made anything yet, I'm still following the recipes the vet gave me. She won't eat the stuff I'm making, she's used to cat food, not people food. I made chicken and rice. I feel like I'm feeding her Chinese food.



There is a small amount of knitting going on. A kitty cat dishcloth, pretty in pink!



It's so muggy today, can't stand it, don't feel like doing much. I think I'll turn on the AC and cut out another pair of short jammie pants. They sew up very quickly.

No comments: