Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime summertime sum sum summertime!

Summer Solstice. Happy First Day of Summer!


Before you know it, the Fourth of July holiday will be here. In preparation for that I'm making a little ragdoll. She's going to be all dressed up in red, white and blue. She started out in bits and pieces.



Had to stitch parts of her face, paint parts of her face, and paint the stripes on her legs. And sew her hair on. And then sew her all together.



And there she is! All ready for her new clothes. Making her dress will be my next project. I'm loving her so far!

Summer means fresh tomatoes from the garden! I do not have good luck with garden tomatoes at this house. Something always eats them. So I'm trying the Topsy Turvy thing this year. We'll see how that goes.



So far, so good. My son came by and planted and hung that for me. I can't lift heavy stuff yet.

Now if I could just get someone over here to clean out those damn little trees growing in the gutters . . .

No comments: