Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here a block, there a block

Phew, hot and humid lately. I don't know why, but I love to sew when it's hot. I finished the most recent Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along. Block 9 already!




I really like this block. Much better than the last block.

I'm working on a red, white and blue table runner. I don't think I will have it done by the Fourth of July, but that's OK, I leave red, white and blue stuff out all summer. Here's what one of the blocks looks like.



My first time doing a log cabin block. Fun! I am changing the pattern from what the directions state to do, putting my own spin on it. It's been a fun project so far.

I did get some more towels done. I really like how these two turned out!



So that's what I've been working on, mostly sewing. I do have a sock on the knitting needles, but I haven't worked on it much as I don't like to touch wool when it's hot outside. I did get my little red, white and blue dolly done, but have been unable to get a good pic of her. Maybe next post.

Gotta go check the sky. We have yet another severe thunderstorm watch today. Maybe it will cool it off a little bit. Or at least get rid of some of the humidity.

No comments: