Saturday, June 19, 2010

Simple Things

It's the simple things that make me smile these days. Such as a nice comfy pillowcase! I made a red, white and blue pillowcase for the pillow I've been keeping in the living room for naps. I seem to take more naps these days. Still recuperating. Need my rest. I have a red, white and blue quilt (bought from the store) on the couch in the summer and it needed a pillowcase to go with it. It doesn't match perfectly, but good enough, I'm not picky.




I like making simple things these days. Can't concentrate long. Maybe it's from the heart attack, I have no idea, but it's like I have ADD now. So I'm keeping it simple. I made a set of pillowcases for my bed. I love this fabric! There are little birds in that print. Very cute.



I found the cutest pattern on line for decorating towels. But I couldn't find plain muslin, cotton or tea towels. I'll have to look harder. I ended up buying some hucktoweling fabric and some waffled muslin and made my own little towels. Then I decorated them. Lots of fun. And for a mind that can't concentrate long they were the perfect project. I have a whole bunch of them lined up to sew. Maybe today.



Have a nice weekend! Go do some crafting or something fun, and keep cool. It's going to be steamy here.

1 comment:

k.somerville said...

I agree Diane. It's the simple things. I'm a yarn and fabric addict too!