Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Big Scare

Long time no blog. Sometimes bad stuff happens, we are never prepared for it. I have lived through some big scary words lately: Heart attack, myocardial infarct, stent, heart catheterization lab, ambulance, heparin, hypertension, blockage. And that's just a few. I lived through it and am healing now. I will go back to work soon, I don't want to but I have to, gotta keep my health insurance and pay my bills.


Now that I'm feeling better I've been able to do a few crafty things! I finished the block for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along.



Once I got that done and enjoyed sewing again, I started on a skirt for me. Lots of ruffles and gathers. Fun to make and very comfortable for summer.



And I got to use wonderful cotton fabrics for the skirt. I did line it. It can go to work or it can go out for fun. Very versatile summer skirt.

And I just couldn't pass up this fabric. I bought it to make my daughter a little summer dress, or a bathing suit cover up, or she can just use it as a nightie if she wants.



I'll get that in the mail to her soon so she can enjoy it. The weather has been hot lately. One minute it was cold, then suddenly it was summer. And technically it's still spring. I hope you're enjoying the weather where you are.

No comments: