Sunday, November 30, 2008

Long Weekends Are Great

The turkey is gone. The pie is gone. My daughter is back at school. Back to work tomorrow. How was your Thanksgiving? Did you go somewhere? Do tell! I would love to know what it's like to go to someone's house for a holiday. It gets old having holidays at my house all the time.


So I cheered myself up and went to Joann's and bought some stuff. Here's the yarn I got.



I used some of that Vanna yarn last year and didn't like it. Maybe they changed it, but it's not bad, now I like it. For an acrylic. I just love that dark blue one with the glittery thread running through it! I don't know what I'll make with it yet, but it screamed at me to buy it. So I listened.

I started some mittens with the light brown and will make mittens with the light blue too.



That was a lot of 1 x 1 ribbing on that wrist, but it's done and now I can move onto the hand part. I love making mittens, haven't made any in a long time. I love how they work up quickly.

Back to the old grind tomorrow. Gotta earn that money so I can support my yarn habit. Too bad it doesn't grow on trees.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I had my FIL over here for Thanksgiving. We do small stuff, after growing up in a family of 4 brothers and 2 sisters and all the cousins and what not. Plus the split households because of the parents divorce. Well the quiet and smallness is much appreciated.

Larjmarj said...

Just another Thursday for me...

We just hung out around the house, no big deal.