Sunday, November 9, 2008

Field Trip

My daughter and her boyfriend came home for the weekend. It was so good to see her! We went on a little field trip yesterday to a great big huge sporting goods store called Cabela's. WOW is that place huge! I had never been there before. You name it, they had it for any kinds of outdoor sportsman, hunting, fishing, camping. Clothes, furniture, tents, food, fishing poles, lures, hunting equipment, it was there. Fun to look at. But what I enjoyed the most were the displays.




They were just beautiful.



They looked so real, but they were replicas.



Those buffalo were huge!



Can you see the moose hiding in the bushes? What a beautiful creature.



Another beautiful moose.



I loved this wild boar.



We were in there for hours. It was so fun. My daughter bought me a candle, and I bought her a top. Her boyfriend was in his glory. He's a real outdoorsman. He bought something for his fishing pole for ice fishing. It was a very fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

But they have left now and are on their way back to school. I guess I'll sit and knit this afternoon waiting for the call that they are back. I'm working on a sock called Spring Forward. I just finished the heel flap and am ready to turn the heel.



This sock is working up pretty fast, I started it about a week ago. I've never made a lacy sock, maybe they work up faster. I am enjoying it so far.

No comments: