Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Empty Nest Syndrome

The daughter was here for the weekend. It was soooooooooooo good to see her. I really miss her. The house is so empty now. You always think, I can't wait till their grown, I need some time to myself, they never shut up, they always want something, where does all this laundry come from? Now, it's gone. I wish I could go back in time to when they were little. This living alone is a big big adjustment. And I'm so broke from getting her off to college. Damn. Right now an extra $10 is a ton of money. I'm sure eventually it will calm down or I'll get a second job. I'll see her sometime in October when I go visit her. Gotta get her a real warm winter coat and some boots. They get a lot of snow there.

Mom had her surgery and it went well. Two hips done now and a knee. I call her the bionic woman. Went and visited tonight at the hospital. She looks good.

And work? Who knows what's going on there. The lease is up at the end of the month and no new digs in sight yet.

I gotta quit worrying about everything and go knit or something.

No comments: