Sunday, August 8, 2010

Keeping cool

A couple of cool nights and low humidity days and I'm hooked. But it won't last. The hot humid stuff is coming back. I did manage to get a shawl done made with wool yarn in the cooler weather. It's blocking.




Do you like my blocking mat? A kid's toy from Walmart, lol! I need to get some more so my blocking space is bigger next time.

I finished the last block of the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along. Of course I screwed it up. Terrible instructions on some of these blocks. Maybe I shouldn't complain as the pattern was free, but the designer knew they were writing free patterns so maybe their heart wasn't in it and they didn't care. Anyway, it's done. I'll probably never do another "along" again, sometimes they just aren't fun.



Next up is getting the sashing done, then the border. Then the quilt top will be done! I'm just going to tie this one. Nothing fancy. I still need to get the backing, binding and batting for it.

And on a totally different note. Went shopping with my cousin and aunt and sister last weekend. These cranes hang out in my cousin's front yard. What a view!



Imagine looking out your window and seeing that!

2 comments:

Kate said...

My mum too knits such scarfs :)

Savda said...

I like this post. thanks you for sharing this.

http://www.khmer-visit.blogspot.com