Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm craving chocolate

What I wouldn't do for a big fat donut right now. Or a huge piece of chocolate. Or a handful of cookies. Sigh. I miss junk food. Lots. But I'm adapting. I should not complain. The stent is working, and I'm losing weight. And I'm still here!


I finished the shawl I was making with Farmhouse yarns. It's so soft!



It's still very hot out so I haven't been able to use it yet.



It will come in handy once the cold weather sets in.

I also finished the quilt top for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along. It has a brown border, hard to see it as I took the picture on the grass.



Today I'm going to go buy the backing, binding and batting. The 3 B's! It's going to be twin size. I'll be glad when this one is done. I also have the making for a Christmas quilt that I can't wait to get started on. I just don't have a lot of ambition when it's hot and muggy, even with the AC turned on.

We hit a couple of antique shops on vacation last weekend. Bought the cutest jar of buttons! Also hit a quilt shop . . . of course! And got some fats.



I also bought a couple more things from the antique/gift shop. Still need to take pics and get them on here. Wish I was still there. Vacations and long weekends always go so fast.

No comments: