Monday, April 28, 2008

No Knitting Today

My hands are feeling a little better. The left hand is OK, the right still has some pain, not as bad. I think I'm going to put some Ben-Gay on it tonight when I go to bed and see what happens. I haven't done any knitting since Friday, I'm having withdrawals, but I'm having fun surfing patterns on Ravelry and dreaming and queue-ing. By the way, I was using circular needles when this pain started, not straight needles. I really think I overdid it. So I'll lay off the knitting for another day or so.


As mentioned in my earlier post, I did get the shawl done. Wanna see? Here it is:



Finished, completed, done. Yay! Here's a close up of the stitch definition:



A few years ago my son was temporarily living here with his cat. The cat attacked my sewing chair. It looked awful. Like this:



I kept saying I was going to somehow fix it and the years went by and I never got around to it. It finally bugged me enough and I made a little cover for it.



For some reason, I can sew! My hands don't hurt then. I'm so happy, I can still be crafty! It's amazing how much free time I have since I haven't been able to knit. I've been actually making some progress with the book I've been reading, "T is for Trespass" by Sue Grafton. I love her books!

But now I'm hungry. I made some Sloppy Joe's from scratch yesterday, time to go heat some up and eat, yummmmmm!

1 comment:

Leeann said...

The shawl is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors of the yarn.