Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My First Bag

I finally finished the bag I was making. I like how it turned out! Making a bag was a lot more work than I thought it would be, but it was fun, it challenged me, and I will definitely make another one some day.




Here is an overhead view:



And here is the inside. You can see the inside has a pocket also. There are four pockets on the outside too. Lots of room for stuff!



I used Butterick pattern B4532, View D. I made it with a cotton calico I bought at Joann, the lining is calico too. I also used magnetic snaps on it. I made the straps longer than the pattern called for and I sewed a button on the front instead of making a bow with ribbon. It's bigger than a purse I would normally use for everyday, but I will still use it. I can carry around a small knitting project in there if I want to. And maybe my lunch.

On the knitting needles I have a shawl that I started for my Mom for Mothers Day. I don't have much done yet. More on that next time.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

it's fabulous!! and will be a great project bag!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Larjmarj said...

Yummy!! Nice work...