Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sit and Knit and Read

Look! They are almost ready. My first cherry tomatoes of the season. I can't wait to eat one.




I'm keeping a close eye on these. They taste like summer! They are like candy all warm from the sun and fresh. YUM!

It's been hot. Every day it's hot. It's hot at night. Not a lot of energy when it's hot, so I've been sitting and knitting. I got some socks done. Just a plain old vanilla sock pattern using Hobby Lobby yarn.



I'm impressed with how well I matched the stripes. They were knitted separately. First time using that brand of yarn. Not sure if I'll ever use it again.

I started a prayer shawl. I just fell in love with this pattern when I saw it and had to buy the booklet and enough yarn for it. It will take me a while to get this done. Good TV knitting. Good knit night knitting too.



I also started this little shawl. The yarn was being used for another lace shawl. I kept screwing it up, it frustrated me, so I frogged it and I'm making this little shawl. I did make this pattern last year with a different yarn and my daughter ended up getting it. This one is MINE. This one is Farmhouse Yarns. Real nice yarn.



I also added to my stack of summer reading. Used book sales are fun. I could browse them for hours.



Good beach reading here. Just a few more weeks and I'll be on the beach with my daughter for a mommy-daughter weekend. I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to that. Current read is Catcher in the Rye. Next up is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That's what is going on here. Time to go turn on the AC and knit.

No comments: