Friday, July 23, 2010

From me to me

Humid. Humidity makes me crabby. Humidity makes me lazy. Humidity makes me very lethargic. It's very humid today. Just hanging in the air. Very tropical. All I want to do is sit. Or hang out in the frozen food section at the grocery store.


I finally got the red, white and blue table runner done. I really like it!



I will leave it in the living room all summer. I just love the red white and blue stuff.



It will stay on the entertainment center, but of course I had to get an outdoor shot.



Lately I've been doing a lot of knitting. Just too hot to do anything else. I'm very surprised that I can stand to touch wool yarn, but I've been managing. I treated myself to this.



It's my birthday and that's what I bought myself. The Knit Picks ball winder. I love it! Some of my knitting group friends are making the Knit Picks Spring/Summer Shawl. I jumped on the bandwagon too. I used the ball winder to wind all the lace yarn for the shawl. Otherwise I'd still be winding it by hand. What a timesaver! Here's what I have knit so far.



I haven't gotten very far. Just started last night. I took the day off and I plan on sitting and knitting a lot. It's my birthday, I can do whatever I want! I may be dodging severe thunderstorms later, but I'll worry about that later. I'll hide in the basement with my shawl and ball winder so they don't get destroyed.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Oknana said...

hi Diane,
I was just looking at my daughters blog and I pushed a button and here I am. Your work is beautiful, I will admit I had a touch of envy.
If I can figure out how I got here, I will try to tell my sister in law about your site. She is heavy into quilting but she is like you she does all kinds of needle work.
Thanks again for letting me look.
Nancy Crosswell