Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apple Cider Season

Fall is in the air. The days are shorter. The temps are cooler. The cider mills are open! Time to pull out the wool yarns again and knit. I also decided I'm going to make a quilt. Had a grand time shopping for the supplies this past weekend with my sister, aunt and cousin. It was a wonderful day. I've actually gotten the quilt cut out too.




I'm ready to fire up the sewing machine and have at it! Stay tuned for progress.

I've also been able to touch wool yarn again. Just couldn't stand it in the summer. I made this little scarf. The pattern is Paula's Scarfette. I found it on Ravelry. I love it. Such a cute name. Scarfette!



I started another shawl. This one I'm keeping. It's made with Misti Alpaca in fingering weight, so soft. I love to just touch it. It's called Multomah. The pattern has also been found on Ravelry.



So the needles are flying again, the sewing machine is waiting to be fired up, the cider is waiting to be drunk. Fall is my favorite season.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am glad that it is cooler again as well. I have an itching to get to do some knitting and spinning and quilting. If only my kitchen wasn't consuming all of my time. It would have been done by now if I hadn't gotten a stomach bug this week.