Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sewing, sewing, sewing

Has an idea ever just hit you out of the blue? I had a brainstorm the other day. Here is the little curtain I had on my side door. Ladybugs. Cute. Summery.




Then it hit me. Why not make a new little curtain with some fabric I recently bought while shopping with my Aunt. I copied and bought some fabric she bought as I fell in love with the fabric too. A quilt looking fall print. So I made a little curtain for the side door. I love it!



I'll keep it up until it's time to bring the Christmas stuff out. Then I'll change it to a Christmas print. Gotta get busy and buy some Christmas fabric then sew another little curtain. What a fun little change for the seasons.

I've been having a great time working on my quilt. All the blocks are sewn together now into rows of blocks. I'm making progress!



Now I just sew the rows of blocks together and then the quilt top will be done. Haven't gotten the backing fabric yet. Can't decide on a color. The quilt colors are reminding me of Mardi Gras colors. Very bright! I'm loving this so far.

On a final note. Shadow was sitting so nicely in the kitchen the other day. I just had to take her picture. Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of a black cat? Very hard. At least she sat there for a while so I could try.



No comments: