Sunday, August 23, 2009

I wish I was still at the lake

If I close my eyes, I can still imagine I'm up north at the lake. I wish I could click my heels like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and be there again. Next year I'll go back. I did get some fabulous fat quarters while there. I'm so addicted to them. Can't quit buying them.




There are still more out there that I don't have. I want them all!!!!!!

I did buy a pattern to make slippers. So I made a pair. This is my prototype. I screwed things up so now I know what to do next time. I have another pair cut out for my grandson. They will have Sponge Bob on them. I'll show you those when they are done. Here are mine.



I never thought I'd sew slippers, but I did it. Fun to make. And they don't take a lot of fabric. A good way to use fat quarters.

I finally finished the socks I was knitting in a Ravelry Knit-Along. Summer Lovin Socks.



They are not a bright pumpkin orange like that picture! I don't know why the color came out like that. The pattern was easy to follow. It took me 3 weeks to knit them, it felt like forever some days. Here's another picture which shows a more true color of them.



A burnt orange color. All in all I really like them. I should wear them today. It's been very fall-like around here the past couple of days. We went from extreme heat to cool temps. It's nice though not to be melting.

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

Lurve you orange socks!!

The weather has been a little flaky hasn't it.