Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yarn Binge

A local yarn store is going out of business. This makes me so sad. I will miss the place. Everything is 25% off at the moment, so I went yesterday. This is all I bought since I don't get paid again until next week . . . when I'll go back. It's a sickness. I can't stop buying yarn lately.




I'm hoping to cast on a lacy scarf today with the Alpaca Baby Twist. So yummy soft!

I also received some yarn in the mail that I bought from an etsy shop. I'm so addicted to etsy. Can't stay away.



Sock yarn. The colors are just gorgeous, and it's so soft. That will become socks in the future. Gotta find the right pattern.

I finished a hat I was working on. Winning Ticket Hat is the pattern. My friend Cathy wrote it. The hat was worn in a local lottery commercial during the holidays which spurred her to come up with a pattern for it. Isn't it cute? I just love it! It's made with Shepherd's Wool, color Milk Chocolate.



It's a lazy weekend around here. Had another snowstorm yesterday, so I had to dig out of that. My new cat had her surgery, spaying and front declaw. Come to find out, she was already spayed. There was no way to know that until they cut her open. No charge for it anyway. She's home now. Resting. With a lampshade on her head.



Poor kitty. She sure is happy to be home! She also has a pain medication patch. When I take the patch off, I'll take the lampshade off. She's doing well! I missed her while she was gone, and I'm happy she's back home too.

3 comments:

MRS MJW said...

Lovely yarn. I have yet to try Debbie Bliss if you can believe it. Poor kitty. :-) Hope she's better soon.

Heather said...

Looks like you have been busy. congrats on the new 4 legged friend. Shadow is beautiful!

Larjmarj said...

It is sad that they're going out, I wonder how they're doing in Wyandotte?

Love Etsy for sock yarn too. You can find the coolest stuff. Knit picks Kettle dye is really nice for more patterned socks.