Sunday, October 26, 2008

Read a good book lately?

Is anybody reading a good book? I'm reading one called The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Excellent so far! I read his other book A Thousand Splendid Suns and was very touched by that book so I got on the waiting list for The Kite Runner at the library. I waited months for this book to become available, and finally I got the call that the book was in. It's one of those books you don't want to put down.




See those little knit mice by the book? The LYS where I'm taking the knitting class is collecting knit mice for cats and knit bandanas for dogs. I made those little mice yesterday. They're so cute! Just might have to make one for my own kitties.

Back to the subject of books. My library had a used book sale yesterday. Wow, lots of books, great prices. I came home with a few and some VHS tapes.



Can't wait to sit down and go through the cookbook, and browse the Christmas book. The stitching book has tons of stitches in it for knit, crochet, embroidery, you name it. A good reference! The books were 3 for $2. Couldn't pass that up. I also bought some old movies that I really enjoy. I still have a VCR hooked up, so yep, I can watch them. I just may have to watch them over and over or rent some DVDs as I am so sick of all the political ads on TV at the moment, over and over and over the same ads for the presidents, for local candidates, for proposals, over and over and over. Make it stop.

I couldn't resist. I went back to Michaels yesterday and bought another knitting bag on clearance. I love this one too! It's the same color as the other one I bought but this one has the plastic coating on it. I just love my bags!



It's supposed to be a very windy day here in Michigan. I'm going to put on a pot of soup, prop my feet up and knit and watch movies. A very relaxing Sunday! Hope you're having a nice weekend wherever you are.

No comments: